My photo
I am a writer of novels, plays and film scripts. I live in Manchester England with my partner Andy and our teenage son Jack. Andy and I started my Newsletter Raw Meat and began publishing with Rawprintz in 1999 to showcase my work. Some of you may be confused by my continual references to Ziggy, that’s my wheelchair! Both Andy and I are writers. I’ve recently lost my sight – hence the continual reference to my being confused! Thanks for visiting.

My Comrades...

11.2.11

Writer's Island Beguile

The prompt at Writer's Island this week is Beguile.

BEGUILE

The bright sun hangs overhead

And filters though a haze of heat

Seeming to waver as touches fleetingly

Dazzling upon the surface of the white alabaster statues of young men

Which surround the swimming pool of the villa

The villa where she lives, the villa where she lies.

She lies now beside the pool

Stretched out upon her towel

Her skin glowing strangely white

Against the deep colour of the towel

The ebony lines of her hair are sharp contrast

Echoed in the edge of her sunglasses

Waiting for the approach of the stranger

Waiting to remove the glasses

And fix him with her medusa stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting please leave a comment.